Many of you out there that have picked up the HTC Dream from Rogers Wireless have noticed one very large and very annoying problem….No Soft Keyboard!!!
For what ever reason, the on-screen (soft) keyboard has been disabled. However, some savvy users have found a method to enable the soft keyboard.
Below is a brief tutorial on how to Enable the Soft Keyboard on a Rogers Wireless HTC Dream:
Enable the Soft Keyboard on a Rogers Wireless HTC Dream
- Download Apps Installer from the Android Market
- Go to ‘4shared.com‘ and search for ‘HTC_IME.apk‘
- Download the Android package ‘HTC_IME.apk‘
- Put the .APK package onto your SD card
- Install the .APK package with Apps Installer. Note: If you need to remove the .APK package, you can do so under Manage applications. Under Manage, there is ‘Keyboard Calibration’ and ‘Touch Input’. Uninstall ‘Touch Input’ to get rid of the .APK package.
- After you install the .APK package with Apps Installer, reboot your HTC device
- After reboot, on the HTC Dream device, go to ‘Locale & Text‘ and turn on ‘Touch Input‘. From here you may adjust the settings and try the tutorial.
Note: There are two versions of the .APK Package. The first version is pictured below (regular, unskinned) and the second version (2) is a marble colored version. (Thank you to comments from “s” and “Leslie”.)
For all the Dream users out there, does this method work for you? Post your experiences below.
Did you like the post?