Looking for instructions on how to setup your Shaw email account on your Android device? Here are the instructions, via Shaw:
Setting Up an Email Account
- Select the Application icon.
- Select Email icon.
- If this is your first email account you will be presented with an email setup screen. Otherwise, press the Menu button, and tap the ‘Add Account’ button.
- In the Type your account email address box, enter your full email address.
- In the second box, enter your email account password.
- Select the Manual setup button.
- Choose the POP3 account button.
- Enter the following information in the spaces provided:
- Username – Enter your full email address.
- Password – Enter your email account password.
- POP server – pop.shaw.ca
- Port – 110
- Security type – None
- Select Next. The device will connect to the internet and check your incoming settings.
- On the Outgoing server settings screen, enter the following information in the spaces provided:
- SMTP server – mail.shaw.ca
- Port – 587
- Security – TLS (accept all certificates)
Note: Ensure Port is still 587.
- Select Require sign-in checkbox.
- In the Username box, enter your full email address.
- In the Password box, enter your email account password.
- Select the Next button. The device will connect to the Internet and check your outgoing settings.
- On the Account options screen, select your Email checking frequency.
Note: Changing frequency will impact battery life.
- Under Notify me when email arrives checkbox to see an alert on the status bar when you have new email.
- Name your account as desired.
- Enter your name as you want it displayed in email.
Let us know how this works for you!
Did you like the post?