For Telus Android users, some good news has come today for you. We’re talking specifically to HTC Hero owners, as Android 2.1 Eclair is now available for download from HTC’s website. Originally this 2.1 update showed up, then disappeared. Now, it’s officially out. What gives?!
This latest update will bring your HTC Hero up to speed with the features offered in Eclair, a much anticipated update.
Here are the install instructions from HTC:
Hardware Requirements (PC)
1 GHz or higher processor clock speed recommended
512 MB of RAM or higher recommended
Super VGA (800 x 600) or higher-resolution video adapter and monitor
50 MB of available free hard disk space
USB 2.0 is required
Software Requirements – Supported Operating Systems (PC)
Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2
Windows XP Professional Edition Service Pack 2
Windows XP Media Center Edition Service Pack 2
Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Edition
Microsoft Windows Vista Enterprise Edition
Microsoft Windows Vista Business Edition
Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition
Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic Edition
Microsoft Windows 7
- Click Download below to download “HTC Sync™ 2.0.25” to your PC.
- Double click on the “HTC Sync™ 2.0.25” file to install it on your PC following the onscreen prompts.
- Note: The installation process can take up to several minutes to complete. It is recommended that you close all programs on your PC and temporarily exit your anti-virus program prior to starting the installation program and do not open any applications or files while the installation is in process.
- Once the installation is complete, launch the HTC Sync™ software.
- Connect your device to your PC using the USB data cable that came with the device.
- If your device is not connected to the PC there will be a sync failure
- Once connected, on your device, check Notifications on the status bar to confirm HTC Sync™ recognizes the device.
- The first time you synchronize the device, the Synchronization Settings Wizard will start automatically to help you set up HTC Sync™ .
- If the Synchronization Settings Wizard does not start, click Synchronize Now on the HTC Sync™ screen to launch the Wizard.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the HTC Sync™ configuration; once this is complete, the device will begin to sync.
After the first sync, to start syncing your device to your computer, pull down the notifications bar on the device and tap “Synchronize your device with Windows” to connect to the PC.
Click here to download Android 2.1 Eclair for your HTC Hero on Telus. Let us know how the update works for you!
Thanks to everybody who sent this in!!!
Did you like the post?