On June 2, 2009 Rogers launched both the HTC Dream and HTC Magic for $149.99 on a 3-year voice and data contract. That price was for new activations and pricing varied for existing customers from as high as $299.99 to as low as $124.99.
At the beginning of July 2009, Rogers dropped the price of the HTC Dream/Magic to $99.99 on a 3-year term. Once again, that price was for new activations and pricing for existing customers varied from $74.99 to $249.99.
At the end of August 2009, Rogers lowered the price for both the HTC Dream and Magic to $79.99 but only for a limited time. Well, for those watching and looking for deals, Rogers has now reduced the price of the HTC Dream (black/white) to $49.99 on a 3 year voice and data plan. The HTC Magic remains at $79.99.
As a new or existing Rogers customer, you can qualify for the $49.99 HTC Dream by meeting the following requirements:
- Price: $49.99
- Contract: Must sign up or renew on a 3-year voice and data plan
- Voice and Data Plan must be a minimum $45 combined monthly spend before fees and taxes. This can be a voice and data combo plan or a separate voice and add-on data plan.
- Date: No expiry
New customers, as long as you meet the above requirements:
- $49.99 plus the standard $35 activation fee
Existing customers that are eligible to upgrade and meet the above requirements, your pricing is as follows:
- Tier 1 Customers: $199.99 + $35 administration fee – $50 mail-in rebate = $184.99
- Tier 2 Customers: $149.99 + $35 administration fee – $50 mail-in rebate = $134.99
- Tier 3 Customers: $99.99 + $35 administration fee – $50 mail-in rebate = $84.99
- Tier 4 Customers: $99.99 – $50 mail-in rebate = $49.99
- Tier 5 Customers: $74.99 – $50 mail-in rebate = $24.99
If you already bought the HTC Dream at the higher price and you are within 15 days of your purchase, you can get the difference in price back. Just visit your point of purchase with the receipt.
If you wanted to exchange the device you originally bought, everything has to be in mint condition and the device must have less than 30 minutes of talk time or the return is occurring within 15 days of the original purchase. If you do not exceed either, then you may continue with the exchange.
If you are just planning to get the HTC Dream, now would be a good time.
Did you like the post?