Over on Reddit, user Metajames linked a description of his brand new infotainment system he created for his 2008 Subaru STi. Apparently, these things cost a pretty penny and don’t come anywhere close to having a $200 Nexus 7 built into your dashboard. It’s crazy how nice it looks in the shots (I’ve added many below).
Along with several photos detailing the steps he took to build this, Metajames also listed the parts he used as well as where he got them from:
- Subaru of America Double DIN AV Panel (ia Performance)
- Google Nexus 7 (Staples)
- Parrot MKi 9100 (Amazon.com)
- Rocketfish Dual USB Vehicle Charger (Best Buy)
- Tech Armor Anti-Glare & Anti-Fingerprint (Matte) Screen Protector (Amazon.com)
- eBay snap on back cover for mounting N7 (from seller “toolmld”)
- Custom built acrylic double DIN sized “box” as a support
- Metra 95-8902 Double DIN Installation Kit cannibalized for brackets (Amazon.com)
- Metra 70-7552 Radio Wiring Harness for power tap (Amazon.com)
- Enercell 12VDC Vehicle Power Accessory Outlet (Radio Shack)
- StarTech.com Micro USB Cable – A to Right Angle Micro B (Amazon.com)
Here are some more photos of the final product. If you are interested in learning more about the steps involved in doing this, check out the source link below.