If you’re a Blackberry Priv user and you’re itching to give Marshmallow a try then you’ll want to pay attention. Blackberry posted an invitation on their blog earlier today seeking beta testers for the Marshmallow update. There are some criteria though so take a look:
- To be in the first wave of beta testers, you must have a PRIV purchased from ShopBlackBerry, Amazon or Carphone Warehouse. Other device owners may apply too, but won’t be accepted into the program immediately.
- You’ll need to enable background diagnostic reporting so engineering teams at BlackBerry can analyze collected data in aggregate and make improvements where necessary.
- There is limited space in the beta program. New registrations join the waitlist, from which new participants will be selected as we grow the program. The first group of participants will receive invitations this week.
- Registration will be open for about two weeks, and we’ll begin beta testing during the second week of April.
- The beta will last about 4-8 weeks.
One thing that’s kind of odd about the post is that they state that the beta will last 4-8 weeks. Just last week Blackberry’s CEO John Chen had stated that they were planning to release the update by the end of April or early May. So either the beta will be on the shorter end of that 4-8 week period or we may not see the update until June!
Nevertheless, be sure to register quickly if you’re interested as there are limited spots.