Ice Cream Sandwich for Nexus S has officially been released!
How to install:
Grab the OTA package here http://android.clients.google.com/pa…o/VQ8PQk_V.zip
TMO version – GSM version
Update 4.0.3 from the google servers (128mb download)
- Rename it to update.zip.
- This isn’t needed for the Nexus S bootloader, but it makes things easy, if that’s how you prefer them.
- Copy it over to the internal storage on your Nexus S.
- Power off, then hold volume up and power to reboot to the bootloader.
- Using the volume key to navigate, select recovery, then use the power button to confirm
- When you see the warning triangle and arrow, hold the power button and tap volume up. You’ll see a menu.
- From the menu, select “apply update from /sdcard”, and choose update.zip from the list.
- Let it do its thing and update your system, radio, and other partitions. When finished, choose “reboot system now”
Seems pretty easy enough. Many people are reporting success and loving it. I suggest making a backup before trying just in case something happens to go wrong.
Install at your own risk.
It has been clarified that this update is not working on Rogers, Fido, or Koodo. Wind and Mobilcity seem to be rejoicing though. Thanks to everyone who is coming back to report their results for the rest of the community.
If you want to find out more, you can head over to the XDA page.
Did you like the post?